Monday, August 9, 2010

Counting Bald Sheep...

I am soooo tired. I should be sleeping, but I felt as though I should post a blog to update the shenanigans of today as I prepare to leave for Kenya in less than 24 hours...It's midnight and my flight should take off at 5pm tonight.

Today, I had to find out about traveler's checks (apparently my bank or any bank in my area does not have them - AAA does!), get my immunization shots for yellow fever, typhoid, and a polio booster with some anti-malarial pills and a round of antiobiotics in case I get some good 'ol diarrhea.



I had to play around with my new digi cam and the camcorder a BU colleague let me borrow so I knew how to work them.  I met with Daniel, my supervisor, to make sure we covered all our bases.

I am getting more anxious by the minute...I had a crazy dream last night where I was with my mom and I was about to deliver her baby via C-section. I cut myself open first with a scalpel from chest to groin and then peeled back the layers.  I could see my organs and they were all anatomically correct.  I just looked at them, making sure everything was in place and everything looked okay.  Then I cut my mom open to deliver her baby, but all her other organs kept getting in the way.  I couldn't find my way to the baby and then Mike showed up to let me know that my procedure was not sterile. Thanks Mike, for being so medically appropriate, even in my nightmares. What the hell is that dream about?  For what it's worth, I'm sure Freud is rolling over in his grave right now.

What kind of dreams will I have on the anti-malarial pill? They're supposed to give you nightmares as a side effect...Seems like I've got that covered already...My video diary begins tomorrow mornin'...

My Ziggy is having a little doggie-mare as I write this and is barking in his sleep.  I feel you buddy!

1 comment: